For one of its clients – one of the biggest international players in the field of electrical devices and related services, who is willing to generate business growth in Belgium – Artemys is looking for a Business Developer in Industrial Automation Services, able to improve customer satisfaction by providing high quality, professional sales services to clients across industries.
As Business Developer in Industrial Automation Services, you will be working in an environment where you will be constantly encouraged to learn and to develop, to be creative, and to give your best; your clients will be among the top large-scale companies and key stakeholders in the energy sector; and you won’t be working alone but with a team of professionals who will help you achieve key business goals and objectives.
Your key responsibilities as Business Developer in Industrial Automation Services will include the following aspects:
Technical Services and Solutions:
• You will be responsible for the sales, including the presentation, of a variety of the company’s large-scale technical products (electrical distribution products, hardware, and software), services (installation, testing, start-up, maintenance, repair, replacement, retrofit/upgrade), and complete technical solutions.
• Your scope of work will also include Turnkey Operations, i.e. complete and very complex functional solutions. You will define their scope of work, estimate what necessary upgrades/modifications/maintenance, etc. need to be done, and make sure that all contract requirements are fully met.
• To help you successfully reach your goals and targets, the company ensured that you have regular technical training and education and that you receive ongoing technical assistance and support from the technical functions/specialists.
• You will have a strong client focus and build and maintain strong client relationships – all with a view to ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
• You will be meeting your clients regularly and you will be working closely with the important stakeholders from the energy sector.
• Your clients will be large-scale companies from the existing client portfolio, which operate in the Heavy Industry, OEMs, Chemical, Pharmaceutical, and Life Science industries, Wastewater, Food & Beverage, and Residential sectors, etc.
• You will be responsible for the implementation of the Sales Plan, with the support of a team of professionals who will help you prepare the offers and monitor their status, client feedbacks and needs, as well as with pricing, sales activities, etc.
• You are also expected to engage in customer education – help your clients understand your products and services, how they can make the most of your range, and why it can bring them added value.
• You will cooperate closely with other functions (e.g. Inside Sales, Project Application Engineers (PAE), account managers) in order to maximise business opportunities.
• It is important to emphasize that as Business Developer in Industrial Automation Services, you will not be working alone but with the “help from within” – you will have full access to and support from the team of technical specialists xLoS who will help you in every stage and with every aspect of your business development activity.
• You will, in turn, provide mentoring, coaching, and guidance to your colleagues.
The scope of your work, thus, will be wide and will cover:
• Life cycle management
• Customer training programs
• Cybersecurity and digital services
• PLC and OT modernization services
• Service Level Agreements (hardware and software)
• Industrial drives, automation, and network services
The position of Business Developer in Industrial Automation Services will offer you many career opportunities and, above all, opportunities for continuous learning and education. That is why it is important that you have:
• Intense focus on your personal and professional development
• Strong negotiation and sales management skills
• The structured approach in managing the sales process and the salesforce
• Strong communication skills and ability to build sustainable and reliable client relationships
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
It is equally important that you have:
• Degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Automation, Electronics, Service Engineering or similar
• Experience in technical sales; knowledge in consultative selling will be a plus
• Excellent organisational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and ERP/CRM related tools
• Native proficiency in Dutch/French, and a good knowledge of English
• A full-time employment contract
• A full and competitive compensation package with a wide range of advantages: attractive salary, insurances, company car, bonus system, meal vouchers
• Fully flexible homeworking option
• Continuous technical help and support from your colleagues, technical specialists
• Continuous learning and development opportunities (access to internal L&D programmes, learning on the spot, training sessions) and access to the internal mobility program